Friday, December 7, 2012

Art, Amarillo, and Excessive Amounts of Fur

December has come and with it so many things to do. Goats need to be bred, goat houses are being fixed, and of course, we had to borrow a buck. Meet Della and I's temporary addition to our herd- Abanero. His name sounds so much like Amarillo that I will just call him that. He is going to breed to my two does Victoria and Midori (you have seen many photos of them on this blog) and possibly Della's beloved doe, Poppy. He has beautiful big blue eyes (though I couldn't get a good picture of them) and gorgeous patterns of gold and white. And, he is so sweet. He hasn't caused any trouble for me unlike most bucks. He and our buck Maddy are warming up to each other. They're still wary of each other but I'm sure in a week they'll have a major bromance going on. Here are some pictures of Abanero. Also, note the really sweet barn door. Dad spent all weekend making it so we could clean their hut more easily. Thanks Dad!
P.S. Here are some videos I took on my phone of feeding time! Enjoy!







Isn't his hair ridic? He is so cute. 


BLUE EYES! Della and I have been wanting blue eyes for a while.

My boys.

Dad's new door.


Modeling in front of the door!
This is a picture I doodled in art class. It's of Mrs. Brown's old buck Toby and my doe Victoria! I love how I can draw pictures of my goats now. Very cool!

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, the videos are great, Es! I can tell that Bramble was in a royal mood, though. What a diva.

    Habanero is gorgeous! What a stud. (And that I mean literally.) I think he and Poppy would make beautiful babies. His eyes are so beautiful.

    I have to admit, hearing Clover and Chammy's cries made me a little sniffly. I cannot wait to be home and cuddling with them.

    The new door looks great! I'm looking forward to giving the hut a massive clean out.

    Also, love the Toby+Vicky portrait. So cute!

    ReplyDelete