Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Battle of the Five Babies

Another Tolkien reference. Can you tell I’m excited for The Hobbit? I think I should just start another blog that’s just about LOTR.

Della wanted another blog post so I went out to take new pictures of the babies. Sadly, the babies decided to attack me and not stand still for any pictures. But here are some of them in action. Do you see the glint in their eyes? 


Cami looking all adorable

The Twins


Look how big Cami has gotten! She had a bad case of worms and was really small for a while. But she was dosed with tons of meds and is getting all healthy now! 


My camera started doing this whole fuzzy thing. Not cool. 


Rolley (or Rolli?)

Yep. That's my little darlin'.

Della- I did NOT break your goats back. She just decided to pose too late. 

Rabbit ears?

We have WAY too many chickens. 

Maddy



This is a portrait I did of our yearling Bambi (who we sold last month). I'm in a Pen & Ink class where you trace all your pictures. But they're LIGHT tracings. So technically I drew this. BAM. 

Champagne (but lovingly called Crash)

I hope everyone is enjoying the beginning of October! Seventy-three days until ..The Hobbit comes out! Thought I was going to say Christmas? Well, eighty-four days till Christmas. This is when the year gets exciting. I am one of those obnoxious holiday lovers. I start playing Christmas music in July, I wear big Christmas sweaters, and I get way more joyful during December. And the holidays are drawing nearer! Fall decor is already being hung in the stores, apples are being squeezed into delicious apple cider, and Mom and Dad are already planning an apple festival day with some family friends. I can't wait till I see the whole family at thanksgiving and Della and I go for our traditional Christmas tree hunt. 




2 comments:

  1. AHHHH! I love all the pictures, thanks Es. That picture of Plum is hilarious! So is that one of Vicky. We have clowns for goats.

    MAN. I cannot wait for Thanksgiving break. TREE! ORNAMENTS! FOOOD!

    Two things: that's not Cami, that's Clover. And it's Roly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The babies really DO have a glint/glitter in their eyes! Look at them running straight for you! Wow that look reminds me of Beren. Needy little animals, eh?!

    "I get way more joyful during December" is a great phrase and it is also now mine. I claim it.

    xoxoxo

    p.s. what a great post, per usual!

    ReplyDelete