Thursday, August 23, 2012

Oh Hay There

The 19th of August marked a milestone for our family. Della left for American University, and I am left to be the care keeper of all our precious goaties. No pressure. 

All goats have been acting great (only a few temper tantrums so far!) and are enjoying the last remaining days of summer. Della's oldest doe Poppy and I are having issues- she wants her owner instead of me! She hasn't caused any trouble but the past couple days she's been coming and leaning against me. I've been paying extra attention to her so she won't get depressed! 

Today a local farmer came and delivered our 50 bales of Timothy Alfalfa hay for the goat's winter supply. They are all eyeing it greedily but they will have to wait till last years batch is all eaten....a task they will accept too gladly. Della has wanted me to post pictures but every time I find something worthy of a picture, I find that my phone is inside. For instance, I was about to close goats up when I saw something weird. It was our three month old doeling Champagne, standing on top of my eight year old doe, Victoria. I think Victoria thought it was just a massage, but I pulled Champagne off...Victoria is known for trying to steal kids from their mothers. I went and took a few pictures of the goats- it's almost milking time so they were all impatient and weren't feeling photogenic. But I got a few of the goats I mentioned in the post. 

-Esther

Victoria:  My eight year old baby!

Champagne

Della's favorite goat Poppy nursing her daughter Champagne

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, Esther! This is perfect. Thank you so much for the pictures and words. :) Your writing style really reminds me of Ansil. Great job, porkerbutt.

    Champagne is a climber! And Poppy. I miss her so darn much.

    ReplyDelete