Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Rocky Rose

Della has been sending me threatening texts. It a has been a long time since I posted. Actually, it has been three weeks and two days. My apologies.

Nothing has happened with the goats lately. NOTHING. Goats are doing swell, adjusting to the chilly weather that has parked itself at our lovely farm. I cleaned the goat stalls about a week ago and the goats were so happy.  Della is coming home THIS WEEKEND. I told Poppy this morning and she got all excited! Actually, she just snorted and butted me...Della and her are way too alike.

As you know, my sister and I's farm name is Alpenglade Farm. I have been thinking that since Della is out of the youth show goat world(she is too old to show in youth) that I would register my own farm name. Talking with my amazing 4-H leader she came up with the coolest of cool names- Rocky Rose.

..Get it? My middle name is ROSE and we live on a ROCKY farm.

Just think, the next time Midori has a baby girl I can name her Rocky Rose Evenstar!

I hope anybody who read this caught the Lord of the Rings reference. If not..shame.

So that is all the news. Sorry it has been so long since I blogged! School and Driver's Ed have me drinking cup after cup of earl grey tea and crawling into my hermit hole. I hope everything is going great with you as you prepare for a (hopefully) cold winter. Down below are some funny pictures of milking time. Some of our goats are still catching on to the whole milk stand thing.

P.S. If you don't like the farm name Della, at least it wasn't a Lord of the Rings reference. I was seriously about to call it The Fourth Age and name all my future babies after the main characters.    

This is Midori, in case you can't tell.

Poppy and Midori. 

Butterfly and Plumb

2 comments:

  1. THE FOURTH AGE is an amazing name. HAHA! too awesome. as is Rocky Rose--although, you'll have to change your blog, yeah?!

    I love all the goat butts. But not in a pervy way. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe such awkward pictures, Es. Classy ;)

    Loving the farm name!! Sounds like Rocky Road ice cream to me -- yum!!

    This is me, entirely on board with all LOTR references! (You DID celebrate Bilbo and Frodo's birthday the other day, yes???)

    ReplyDelete